Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald Sockolov has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 27
I SAW HIM TWICE AND THE FIRST TIME WAS FINE THEN ASKED ME TO MAKE A FOLLOW UP AND BRING RECORDS IN FOR HIM TO REVIEW. WHEN I CAME BACK HE ASK WHY I BROUGHT THEM IN AND NEVER LOOKED AT THEM. THEN STEPPED OUT OF THE EXAM ROOM TO TAKE A CALL AND WHEN HE CAME BACK IN HE SAID I QUOT (SO WE ARE DONE HERE). SO BASICALLY THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAID FOR NOTHING TO BE DONE. HE NEVER DISCUSSED THE REASON FOR THE FOLLOW UP, NEVER DID AN EXAM, NEVER LOOKED AT THE RECORDS, AND SINCE HE NEVER LOOKED AT THE RECORDS I WAS NOT REFERRED TO ANYONE TO HELP ME. SO I NEVER RETURNED TO THEIR OFFICE AND DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. THEIR OFFICE TREATS YOU LIKE YOU ARE AT A CATTLE AUCTION PUSH YOU IN AND PUSH YOU OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. WITH NO REAL CONCERN FOR ALL OF THEIR PATIENTS.
Worst office staff in the profession . Have gone here for years simply out of habit, but rudeness, and lack of caring by the general staff has finally gone too far. This office is very difficult to contact by phone, and when you finally get someone, they almost always universally rude. It's like you're putting them out by being ill and having the nerve to call your doctor. As far as I'm concerned, this practice should be closed until the staff can be replaced. I suppose the method here is to make you so sorry you called, you won't do it again.
Dr. Sockolov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Ronald Sockolov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsSockolov & Sockolov, 1 Scripps Dr Ste 202, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Ronald Sockolov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.