Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ryan L Kaplan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 39
I've been seeing Dr. Kaplan for several years, after being referred by my internist. Neurology is a difficult field, and trying to find a diagnosis usually means culling out what it ISN'T first. Testing can be unpleasant, but Dr. Kaplan is extremely gentle and asks continually if we need to stop. Nothing like experience elsewhere. I can't recommend him too highly.
Just the call to see if this doc takes Medicaid was horrible. The lady that answered the phone sounded like a ditz! She kept sayin ummmm and I simply asked if he was at the clinic to make sure I got the right number. When she said yes I asked if he accepted Medicaid. She said no. I then asked if there were any doc's I the clinic that do and she replies with "ummm I don't know" followed by "are you looking for a neurologist?" I said yes, she then says "well there's only two here and they both don't take Medicaid!" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND KNOW WHAT INSURANCES YOUR DOCTORS TAK BEFORE YOU ANSWER PHONES!!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2009, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2009)
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Ryan L Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFayetteville Diagnostic Clinic, 3344 N Futrall Dr, Fayetteville, AR
Dr. Ryan L Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, AR.