Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio
Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cranston, RI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Loporchio is affiliated with St Joseph Center for Health & Human Services and Kent Hospital. Dr. Loporchio has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio has the following 11 expertise
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Forensic Medicine
- Lasik Surgery
- Retina Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Showing 5 of 17
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Loporchio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1985
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSalvatore J Loporchio Md, 35 Sockanosset Cross Rd Ste 4, Cranston, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio in this video.
Dr. Salvatore J Loporchio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cranston, RI.