Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel R Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Samuel R Anderson has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Samuel R Anderson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I think Dr. Anderson is a really good Endo and have been very pleased with everything about him and the care I have received. He always takes the time to thoroughly review my logs and explains to me exactly what I need to do in order to get tighter control. He answers all of my questions and does a good job with follow up.
Sam Anderson MD is the example of what you do NOT want in an endo. He wants you to spend $$ on non-generic levothyroxine, When waiting to get the billing paperwork after a visit, I became unconscious due to insulin shock and Anderson was too busy with his other patients to even assist me (another Dr. in the practice had to attend to me). He struck me as an ideologue. Further he made me hyperthyroidic by prescribing too much levothyroxine, didn't notice my symptoms, and my primary-care physician had to correct his error. I know 3 other diabetics who have seen him, and, after 1 year, ALL went to another physician.
21 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Samuel R Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsColumbus Endocrinology, 4895 Olentangy River Rd Ste 100, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel R Anderson in this video.
Dr. Samuel R Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.