Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sara J Reinganum
Dr. Sara J Reinganum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Leandro, CA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgery. She speaks English.
Dr. Sara J Reinganum has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Sara J Reinganum has the following 5 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Dr. Sara J Reinganum has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 1 of 4
I have never felt the need to "warn" people about a Doctor, but I had a recurrent breast cancer and Dr. R was recommended as a good doctor. Now, I have seen a lot of Oncologists, have known many firsthand from my parents and my treatments and am very informed about my cancer. It's good that I am and that I am not scared of the "C" word, because this surgeon certainly wouldn't help in any way, shape or form. She is disorganized, has the bedside manner of a self-absorbed narcissist, and her front office person, Leah, has probably the WORST attitude I have ever seen, especially when you are dealing with diagnosis that in most cases can leave you scared and about to have body parts amputated or worse, cancer or it's treatments are going to possibly end your life. This receptionist actually told me that if I didn't have a co-pay WITH me to pay, then "we don't see people that can't pay their copay now." Wow. What happened to the "First do no harm?' Some people should not enter health care and they should be screened before working with human beings. As a surgeon, Dr. R is adequate; bilateral mastectomies aren't the easiest incisions, I know, but I personally am not happy with the butchered up job I received. I ended up with infections and sooner or later just made informed choices without her assistance, as any questions I had to ask, she would kind of glaze over and ask, "did you say something?" I really felt as if I were taking up her time. Lastly, I had breast surgery 12 years ago and if that surgeon were still practicing in this area, she would be my surgeon in a heartbeat, but she was not an option, unfortunately. I have waited 8 months before this review, to make sure that I had a good perspective after the fact and that my experience wasn't just heat of the moment, and to that I will say: I haven't HEARD from her office for any kind of followup now for the last 4 months. That says enough for you to weigh your own options.
29 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Sara J Reinganum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsSARA JAMIE REINGANUM MD, 13847 E 14th St Ste 109, San Leandro, CA
Dr. Sara J Reinganum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Leandro, CA.