Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott J Cahoon
Dr. Scott J Cahoon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morrow, GA, with other offices in McDonough, GA and Fayetteville, GA . He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cahoon is affiliated with Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital, Southern Regional Medical Center and Piedmont Henry Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott J Cahoon has 3 locations
1336 Highway 54 W Bldg 500
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Book Online Now
Dr. Scott J Cahoon has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott J Cahoon has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Scott J Cahoon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
No patient to doctor communication
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Cahoon - Posted on March 3rd, 2017
Health Patient Portal Per website "Communicate privately with physicians via messaging". This does not happen with this doctor. He allows his Office to respond with no acknowledgment of who is doing the responding to the e-mail( privacy rights violated). Does not show any concern nor does he discuss x-ray with patient. Made an inaccurate evaluation of my condition without any questions/ test. Had taken earlier test to indicate he was inaccurate about my condition.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Cahoon - Posted on January 6th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Cahoon - Posted on September 26th, 2013
This Doctor definitely does NOT care about the patients well being. "He who takes the gold, makes the rules." If you are injured please do not choose this doctor. He'll operate on you with no clue as to what he's doing then if you don't heal up or get better he'll just say you're malingering and close your file then tell you to seek a second opinion.. Wish there were more ratings on Dr.'s that way you can pick the good ones and leave the bad ones alone.
Dr. Cahoon is quiet and thoughtful.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Cahoon - Posted on February 12th, 2013
Dr. Cahoon treated me for knee problems (osteoarthritis.) He is a very competent surgeon , and answered all my questions with sufficient detail. I dont know why one patient would give him a low rating, but I found him to be concerned and pleasant. I liked him very much, which is more than I can say for most of the doctors I visited when I worked in South Dakota!
Dr Cahoon has an easy manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Cahoon - Posted on October 24th, 2008
While his manner is easy, his doctoring left a lot to be desired. After he completed my carpal tunnel surgery, i was informed by two other sources "Hand Surgery" is not his fortay. I feel as a patient, i should have been advised this beforehand. He was the only Dr to ever do surgery who did not meet with me before i went under and when i came out of surgery. I was met with the hospital staff only. Then on my follow up days after, his Nurse attended to me. Dr Cahoon came in, poked around and left. I was angry. I was also allowed to return to work with no braces, no physical therapy and no note. I now have swelling and pain in various areas that was'nt present before. Again, sweet disposition, but not trustworthy with surgery and the like. I feel im worse off after the fact.I wish i knew of this website to have researched him before i put my hands in his hands.
Dr. Cahoon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Scott J Cahoon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott J Cahoon, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Morrow, GA, in this video.
Dr. Scott J Cahoon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Morrow, GA.