Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott M Schlachter
Dr. Scott M Schlachter, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Manahawkin, NJ, with other offices in Jackson, NJ and Brick, NJ . He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schlachter is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus. Dr. Schlachter has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott M Schlachter has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 49
i saw dr schlatcher back in 2000-2005 i saw him cause i had bounds of stomach problems etc...when i first had my visit he had the best dr bedside manners ever!!! there was times yes i had chronic pains and i saw him and he gave me medicines and then there were times he couldn't do alot more that didn't mean he didn't care...dr scott cared for each and every patient he had i know this because he was there all the times when i needed help from him!!! trust me if i was asked what stomach dr to go see i would reccomend dr schlatcher anytime!!! thank you dr schlatcher for all the time and patience you have given me you are a wonderful doctor thank you always!!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011, 2009, 2010, 2008, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Schlachter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Seton Hall University
Dr. Scott M Schlachter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott M Schlachter in this video.
Dr. Scott M Schlachter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manahawkin, NJ.