Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott L Whittaker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott L Whittaker has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Scott L Whittaker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have used Dr. Whittaker as my primary doctor for the past 10 years. I have recommended him to many friends, all of whom have been very happy. He is so easy to talk to, which is very important in a patient/doctor relationship. He really listens. I will continue to rely on him for many years to come.
Office staff is very rude. Dr. Whittaker kept my results and did not follow up until late in the afternoon the following day. Office locked the door at 4:30 and nurse kept my prescribed pain medication so I did not have anything for pain. He came recommended from a friend but I will not be going back. His bed side manner was poor and uncaring. Lab looked to be unclean, as well. Find another doctor and another practice!
This man is AWESOME!! I suffered from post pardum depression and he literally carried me through it. He offered for me to speak with his wife, what doctor does that. He is amazing and I will never switch!! If I am clear across the country I will come see him first. My husband is stubborn as anything and Whittaker will meet him half way. Once my husband's solutions doesn't work (which is never) Dr. Whittaker's does. We are so blessed to have him in our lives and without him I would be truly dead.
I have been seeing Dr Whittaker for the entire time he has been with this practice. He has always been compassionate, caring and thorough. Unfortunately, I recently had to move 600+ miles away, HOWEVER, because he IS so good, I have continued to see him, driving that distance in order to get the high quality care that he gives. Yes, I'm fortunate not to have serious medical conditions that require immediate attention and it's worth the time and effort it takes to get to his office.
Dr. Whittaker's dismissive manner led me to ignore important health issues until they were later properly diagnosed by other doctors. Do NOT use this doctor - no patient should have to feel the condescension with which he dismisses their concerns by saying, "it could be worse," nor the pain of late discovery that there actually was a real health issue that could have been discovered earlier were it not for his incompetence and arrogance. He has lost me as a patient.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Whittaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Scott L Whittaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoudoun Medical Group Pc, 4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 1210, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott L Whittaker in this video.
Dr. Scott L Whittaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.