Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Seema K Sharma has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Sharma is part of the practice at Westmed that my regular OBGYN is part of. She delivered my second baby after a fairly long induction. She was patient, kind, and made it easier for me not to tear much, and her stitching of the tear did the trick. She actually did some perineal massage to help get the baby out with less tearing, and I SO appreciated that. I highly recommend her based on her care in that delivery.
1 day of pregnancy vs. 1 day stomach virus? I'll take the stomach bug. During my pregnancy a few years ago, I asked Dr. Sharma about a prescription for Diclegis for nausea and she wasn't familiar with it. She didn't see it on her prescription list. That would have been that, but my husband was there, so he did a search on his smart phone and told her what the drug was. She said Diclegis was just 2 over the counter drugs. And that was that. I was too fuzzy-headed and nauseous to ask follow up questions, like, "What dosage?" or "How often?" or "Can you please figure out how to get me a prescription for Diclegis... please?" As a patient, I felt as though I was a nuisance to her. Doctor Sharma was much friendlier to me during appointments when I didn't share my health concerns with her. I tried to see other doctors in the practice instead. Eventually, I found a different and wonderful OBGYN.
Terrible bedside manner. And after reading the other two reviews, seems like maybe she only treats patients she likes with care. Not proffesional at all. I had post op complications w my incision and she was slamming doors and snapping at me as if it was my fault ( it wasn't- puss was coming out and after googling I read that some patients who thro any kind of surgery get this condition). Never going back there ever again.
I went to Dr. Sharma after seeing two other ob-gyns over last 4 years. Neither doctor before Dr. Sharma diagnosed my pcos symptoms at all, she caught them in first consultation. She was right on track from the minute i expressed interest in having a baby and prescribed the right regime for me. She did not overdose me with drugs like many doctors seem to. She started with smallest dose - then called me for an ultrasound that revealed current dosage was not enough. Then she kept me on second dosage for few cycle before going for any drastic steps. She was always involved in my case and one time when the clinic computer crashed right when she was talking to me, she pretty much had all my history memorized!!! With her help I got pregnant, I owe this life event to her ability as a doctor and my advocate. When I got sick in my first trimester she took me in for checkups immediately and even did impromptu ultrasound to check on the baby - the only thing that gave me any relief was hearing that heartbeat again!!! She followed up on my condition as well. She always responds to my on-phone queries usually by the end of the day. Only few times when she was on leave I have had to wait to get a response. She is very pleasant, energetic and very good listener. The only time I was disappointed was when I did not insist on talking to Dr. Sharma and instead took advice from her nurse who was absolutely wrong about side effects of one of my meds - I should have just talked to the doctor herself.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Seema K Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestmed Medical Group, 1 Theall Rd, Rye, NY
Dr. Seema K Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rye, NY.