Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sohail Parekh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sohail Parekh has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
Dr. Sohail Parekh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
We suspected my Mother of having a UTI & explained she'd been hospitilized earlier in the year with a sever one. He passed it off as she had no symptoms & told us she could give a urine sample when she had blood work done the next week at the lab. We didn't want to wait a week so we made arrangements the next day & upped our appt. to the next week to get results instead of the three week date they gave us. Turns out they can do a urine test IN HIS OFFICE, he didn't want to bother. A week & a half later he puts my Mother on an antibiotic. A few days after she's done with them we tell him her urine is still dark... He tells us the 2nd test was contaminated, but don't worry about it because she has no symptoms. (She never had any the first time she ended up in the hospital, but difficulty walking and hallucinations quickly set in.) Eventually, my Mother ends up in the hospital for 6 days on a very strong antibiotic. His office received the results from a THIRD test on a Thursday, but he and office were too busy as he was going on vacation... We were called Sunday before the holiday from someone in his office stating she needed to go to the hospital at once... This 'Doctor' looks to have good credentials, but did nothing for my Mother but help delay treatment. Would NEVER recommend him for anything.
32 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1986
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Sohail Parekh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine & Geriatric Care, 1601 N Belt Line Rd Ste B, Mesquite, TX
Dr. Sohail Parekh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.