Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sonali L Iyer MD
Dr. Sonali L Iyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Sonali L Iyer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sonali L Iyer has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
Misdiagnosed by doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonali L Iyer - Posted on April 6th, 2016
I came into see Dr Iyer a few months ago. I had terrible vomiting and lethargy for days. Dr Iyer came in the room. She never looked me in the eyes. She was constantly looking down at her paperwork. I wish I read the review already here, because I would never have made an appointment with this doctor. She examined me and seemed to take her time with that. Afterwards she said it seemed I had a bacterial infection and prescribed a strong antibiotic. I took it for ten days and never felt better. I realized that I might be pregnant. Indeed that was what was causing my symptoms. Now I am really scared the improper prescribing of antibiotics may have caused damage to my developing baby. I am so terrified. Please avoid this doctor for your own safety.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonali L Iyer - Posted on June 29th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonali L Iyer - Posted on May 21st, 2011
13 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Sonali L Iyer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUC IRVINE MEDICAL CENTER, 101 the City Dr S, Orange, CA
Dr. Sonali L Iyer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orange, CA.