Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephanie J Ott has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephanie J Ott has the following 10 expertise
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Stephanie J Ott has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
I was miserable before Dr. Ott entered my life, and she has made my illness managable and made my life so much easier. She is caring and understanding, she listens to what you want and how you feel, she discuss the best route for you and yor life style and choices. She is respectful and timely, I could have never asked for a better specialist then her. I originally went to Ohio State to see a doctor for same and it was awful and such a horrible experience and then Dr Ott moved into Lancaster and my life became much simpler and my illness became so much more managable. Thank you Dr. Ott for helping make my life a happy life, and thank you for my son!
I saw another rheumatologist before. He tried to drive a diagnosis and actually painfully squeeze my arm when I said all I felt was a regular touch. I had an appointment with Dr. Ott scheduled (it was several months out hence seeing the quack). She walked into the room with a trainee and asked what I wanted from her! How rude!!!!!!!! I told her what I had been going thru. She asked if I had seen anyone else about my situation and as soon as I mentioned the previous quack-- That was the end of the appointment!@!@!@! No labs, no professionalsim!!!! She actually said she studied with the other doctor and agreed with him regardless! (bearing in mind that he prescribed me a prescription that scared the pharmacist!!!!) Good luck if you go with this one! I know she's the only one in the county but that shouldnt be the reason you use her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Stephanie J Ott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGwella Rheumatology, 618 Pleasantville Rd Ste 201, Lancaster, OH
Dr. Stephanie J Ott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, OH.