Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen De Young MD
Dr. Stephen De Young has 2 locations
16659 Southwest Fwy Ste 321
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Dr. Stephen De Young has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Stephen De Young has the following 19 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Back Pain
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Stephen De Young is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen De Young - Posted on September 15th, 2017
Awesome concern and caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen De Young - Posted on March 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen De Young - Posted on May 26th, 2016
I have arthritis and two bulging lumbar discs that are pressing on my sciatic nerve, causing a lot of pain. Dr. De Young was very prompt, courteous, and listened to my concerns, etc. He spent far more time with me than any previous doctor in my life, then prescribed a conservative treatment plan with surgery being the last option, which I appreciate. He is very professional, courteous, and compassionate, and I highly recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen De Young - Posted on August 16th, 2012
He's approching sainthood!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen De Young - Posted on August 10th, 2012
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2016, 2018, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018, 2015, 2011, 2017, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2017, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1976
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Stephen De Young Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Stephen De Young
Dr. De Young, a second generation orthopedic surgeon with 30 years of experience, brings a quality approach to medicine and a genuine sense of caring to each of his patients. His reputation for honesty and integrity has earned him the respect of his fellow orthopedists and the enduring affection of his patients.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen De Young, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Sugar Land, TX, in this video.
Dr. Stephen De Young is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.