Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen M Sims
Dr. Stephen M Sims, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntsville, TX, with another office in Conroe, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Sims is affiliated with Chi St Joseph Health Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen M Sims has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Herniated Disc
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Acute Pain
- Spinal Fractures
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Nerve Block
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I called several times and the phone was not answered and was not forwarded to a machine or service. The day I was scheduled, I arrived early for my appointment but was ignored for 30 minutes, then given papers to fill out. Dr. was pleasing and asked questions. Other staff was much more business like.
I was referred to Dr. Sims due to chronic pain from Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia. I was glad to see the reviews that he helped several people. My problem is I had the issue of staff not returning my phone calls to schedule an appointment. If the Dr. is that busy it would have been nice to receive a call from the staff at least saying they were not taking any new patients so I could move on instead of waiting and calling to just be ignored. I called several times and you CANNOT get through to anyone. If the Dr. is taking new patients he might want to know he is losing patients due to incompetent staff. I happen to be a very busy person also and in pain all the time, but I manage to get my job done. I now have to take time out of my busy day to call my Dr. and ask for a new referral as I have no desire to try again to get in to see Dr. Sims. Don't waste your time leaving a message they will not return your call.
Dr. Sims is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Stephen M Sims accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Sims in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Sims is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, TX.