Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven J Morris
Dr. Steven J Morris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with another office in Griffin, GA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Morris is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center, Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville and WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven J Morris has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 11
I see his PA Kim more than him which is fine with me. She is more than competent and very helpful. I see him when I have a procedure like a colonoscopy. I have been a patient for more than a few years now and I am very pleased. I get my refills and appointments when needed and Kim was very helpful when I needed proof of my condition for my employer. When I remember how sick I was when I first went to this doctor and how well I'm doing now I know I made the right choice.
I was treated by Dr. Morris for about 2 years. I have only met with him once during my initial visit. His Physician Assistant was the one who "diagnosed" me when i went in for my appointments. They are always very busy and have no time to call you back. I literally would have to call back each and every single time I needed results on the phone. When i requested to have Dr. Morris look at my records to diagnose my test results, I was told that he was the CEO of the company and is extremely busy and it would take longer for him to look at my test results, so they gave it to his PA instead to "diagnose" me. I would not go back to see "Dr. Morris".
Dr. Morris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1973
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Steven J Morris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven J Morris in this video.
Dr. Steven J Morris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.