Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven G Kumagai
Dr. Steven G Kumagai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kumagai is affiliated with Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Chi Health Immanuel Medical Center and University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. Dr. Kumagai has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven G Kumagai has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
It was an awesome experience. I didn't have to do any therapy after my surgery and I got better all on my own. I stayed in bed the whole time until I felt all better.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kumagai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Steven G Kumagai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBredthauer Cochran & Waters MDs, 11819 Miracle Hills Dr Ste 203, Omaha, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven G Kumagai in this video.
Dr. Steven G Kumagai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.