Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven M Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Injury
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 54
Was very unhappy with this visit, surgery was setup by other ortho doctors in his office because they said it was necessary to ease the pain in my shoulder with two torn muscles upper and lower rotor cuff. Two or tho doctors confirmed what my primary had told me and agreed i needed to have this done. As reluctant I was on surgery in the first place I had accepted it by the time I went to my preop appt with Dr Smith. I was prepared and he down played my issues and said my shoulder wasn't the issue. He said the pain on that day wasn't where it needed or could be repaired it was related to a back disease that was lifelong. Well that day the pain was different, everyday the pain is different in different spots but these torn muscles definitely need to be fixed. He blew me off and never even followed through with my primary as he claimed he was going to in order to refer me elsewhere or find another solution. I have a hard time functioning day to day with normal activities but that didn't seem to matter. I went back to my doctor and she was in disbelief that I hadn't had surgery and is referring me for another opinion. Just very unhappy with the way I was treated and dismissed like I just had to live in this constant pain.
While vacationing in Gatlinburg I fell and broke my femur. We live in Indiana so did not know anything about surgeons in the area. Dr. Smith was wonderful. His bedside manner was outstanding as he was very kind to me and my family. I followed his instructions on wound care and my staples were removed with ease. Feel very lucky to have been in his care.
40 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Steven M Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven M Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sevierville, TN.