Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Stuart Brown has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Stuart Brown has the following 26 expertise
- Acne Rosacea
- Chemical Burns
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Opacity
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Pain
- Eyelid Diseases
- Hereditary Corneal Dystrophies
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Vision Disorders
- Vision Issues
Stuart Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
U C S D Thornton Hosp, La Jolla, Ca
Promise Hospital San Diego
56 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1957
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsShiley Eye Institute at UC San Diego Health, 9415 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA
Stuart Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.