Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart R Lander
Dr. Stuart R Lander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology. Dr. Lander is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South, Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Medical City North Hills. He speaks English.
Dr. Stuart R Lander has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 24
No circumstance I will ever return to Dr. Lander or Baylor Heart. I was scheduled for a heart cath and prior to procedure he told me it was all in my head and he was confident I was over exaggerating my symptoms. My big problem with his comment was that I had yet to say a word. He made it clear he feels any heart related problem a woman "may think" she has is due to stress.
If you are looking for a Doctor who is warm and fuzzy and will hold your hand while he gives you your diagnosis, find a different doctor. If however you want a competent, accurate doctor dedicated to your best health then Dr. Lander is your best friend. He is knowledgeable, competent and highly respected by patients and the medical community. I highly recommend him and put my complete trust, and life, in his hands.
Dr. Lander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Stuart R Lander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeartplace, 1650 W Magnolia Ave Ste 102, Fort Worth, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stuart R Lander in this video.
Dr. Stuart R Lander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.