Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart N Winkler
Dr. Stuart N Winkler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Winkler is affiliated with Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. He speaks English.
Dr. Stuart N Winkler has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stuart N Winkler has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Stuart N Winkler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
He's very through and does everything neccessary for patient care & confort. He checks care of his patients even if for other medical proceedures are being done. Has resolved concerns, treatment, and other medical related issues. He always explains everything in easy to understand terms and all options.
Dr. Winkler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Stuart N Winkler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine And Nephrology Group, 3291 Skypark Dr, Torrance, CA
Dr. Stuart N Winkler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.