Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sue M Mitchell has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 70
This office tries to pressure you into buying a Colonoscopy Prep Kit for $25. The only medicine in this kit is Perrigo Polyethylene Glycol 3350 8.3 Oz that sells for $11.58 on Amazon. The other contents of this kit are unnecessary as you already have what you need at home instead of this stuff. They even have a diaper, wipes and a water bottle in this kit. Come on!! Overcharge of $13.42 for unnecessary items.
I had a very good experience especially considering this was my first colonoscopy. There were 3 items I will mention as areas of improvement. 1. My husband, who accompanied me, was not verbally given my discharge instructions; however, I did receive the written discharge instructions. 2. I don't remember talking to the doctor after the procedure; so I'm not sure if she came in or not. 3. I explained that my husband would be waiting in our vehicle in the parking lot since he could not sit in the medical facility (for health reasons) while I had the procedure. They said that was fine and that they would give him a phone call when they were ready for him to come in. They called him and he went inside but still had to wait in the waiting room for 30 minutes. He finally went to the desk and asked about me, and was then escorted to my recovery room. (he said no one was at the front desk when he went into the office)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Sue M Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sue M Mitchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.