- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Surinder M Vasdev has 2 locations
Dr. Surinder M Vasdev has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Surinder M Vasdev has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Surinder M Vasdev Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Surinder M Vasdev
Dr. Vasdev completed an undergraduate education at Dulwich College in London, England before entering medical school at the University of London. Upon graduation, he moved to the U.S. where he finished a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at the prestigious Mayo Clinic before going on staff there. He is board certified in gastroenterology. Dr. Vasdev has been practicing in Corvallis since 1992 providing patient care in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, as well as general gastroenterology. He founded Mid-Valley Gastroenterology in 1997 and assumed the role of Medical Director of the Samaritan Endoscopy Center when it opened in 2006. He oversees the services provided in this state-of-the art facility where the goal is to "provide safe and comfortable endoscopic procedures with cutting edge technology in a facility dedicated to endoscopy." Named an assistant professor of medicine in 2007 for Western University of Health Sciences, Dr. Vasdev is actively involved in graduate medical education and teaches students about the gastroenterology specialty. His other interests include mountain biking, painting and watching movies with his wife and children.