- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Suryakanth Gurudu
Suryakanth Gurudu is a doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with other offices in Phoenix, AZ and Scottsdale, AZ( and 3 other locations). They have 26 years of experience. Their specialties include Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Internal Medicine. Gurudu is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital. They speak English.
Suryakanth Gurudu has 5 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Suryakanth Gurudu has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Suryakanth Gurudu has the following 13 expertise
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
26 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Graduated in 1994
Suryakanth Gurudu Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Suryakanth Gurudu
Colon cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. Unlike other cancers, colon cancer usually develops from precancerous polyps, which can be detected and removed easily during colonoscopy. My Research interests include colon polyp prevention, complex polypectomy techniques (to avoid surgical resection of colon) and hereditary colon cancer syndromes. I am involved in several studies to improve quality of colon preparation and polyp detection; and enhancing the overall effectiveness of colonoscopy in preventing colon cancer. My other research interests are in establishing role of small bowel capsule endoscopy and balloon-assisted enteroscopy in the management of obscure gastrointstinal bleeding and other small bowel pathology.