Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Erickson
Dr. Susan Erickson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chanhassen, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MNttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr and Minnetonka, MN (and 1 other location). She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Erickson is affiliated with Fairview Southdale Hospital and University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview. Dr. Erickson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Erickson has 4 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Susan Erickson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.<br>These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Susan Erickson has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Susan Erickson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan Erickson - Posted on August 22nd, 2016
A wonderful Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susan Erickson - Posted on June 25th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Erickson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fairview Southdale Hospital
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
20 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Susan Erickson Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Susan Erickson's office for more information.
7945 Stone Creek Dr Chanhassen, MN : (952) 241-4050
5320 Hyland Greens Dr Minneapolis, MN : (952) 993-2400
15320 Minnetonka Blvd Minnetonka, MN : (952) 932-7277
327 Marschall Rd Shakopee, MN : (651) 769-6500
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan Erickson, MD - Psychiatry in Chanhassen, MN, in this video.
Dr. Susan Erickson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chanhassen, MN.