Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susie Suh MD
Dr. Susie Suh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salinas, CA, with other offices in Monterey, CA and Salinas, CA . She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Suh is affiliated with Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare Systems. She speaks English.
Dr. Susie Suh has 3 locations
900 Cass St Ste 200
Monterey, CA 93940
Book Online Now
Dr. Susie Suh has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susie Suh has the following 10 expertise
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Susie Suh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susie Suh - Posted on January 15th, 2016
I have been with Dr Suh for many years, when I went to live out of state for 5 years and returned to her she remember my childrens ages stating" they should be college ready by now" Dr. Suh is not the type of Dr to shove narcotics down your throat she tries alternative methods first Awesome Dr
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susie Suh - Posted on March 24th, 2015
She wouldn't even listen to me, never let me even list my symptoms! Basically told me there was nothing wrong, & when I told her she wasn't listening to me, she got made stood up and walked out of the room and while in the HALLWAY screamed at me that she would "not give me any narcotics! That is not appropriate!" Meanwhile..I never even ASKED for her to give me narcotics. It was a horrible experience, even her nurse that as in the room seemed appalled. I'll never understand why Dr.s who treat these hard to diagnosis illnesses(fibro, lupus, Lyme etc) still treat people like me that was are crazy or drug seekers
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susie Suh - Posted on October 27th, 2011
I would love to be able to rate the doctor, however she refused my referral because she didn't seem to think that she could help me, however, I need to find out if I have arthritis or another autoimmune condition going on, so I still do not understand why she was unwilling to at least do a consult. Her office staff had a pleasant voice on the phone, but was very condescending and I hung up feeling very uncared for and rejected. Bummer
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Suh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Susie Suh Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susie Suh, MD - Rheumatology in Salinas, CA, in this video.
Dr. Susie Suh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salinas, CA.