Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Svetlin S Ivanov has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 12
I waited over an hour for Dr. Ivanov even though I could hear him clearly outside my waiting room making small talk with the nurses. I am 7 months pregnant and just like the prior reviews the doctor seemed bothered by my presence right when he entered. I was second guessed by any answers I provided. The doctor asked irrelevant questions as to what I did for a living. The entire experience was very uncomfortable and traumatic. The doctor was very aggressive with the exam. After the initial exam we were told by the nurse to meet with Dr. Ivanov in his office to go over the exam results. The doctor took a personal phone call right in front of us and explained very little to nothing about the exam and health of my baby. Also the doctor is Bulgarian and speaks Russian, but when asked if he can speak Russian during my exam he said he did not speak the language. I asked the nurse afterwards and she stated the doctor does speak Russian fluently! I would highly recommend finding a different doctor that has the basic human ability to express and show care and compassion. I cannot emphasize enough in my 30 years of living that this was the worst experience with a doctor! I will be reporting Dr. Ivanov and speaking with the director of Winthrop hospital.
What I can tell you for ALL you first time patients....put your mind at ease because if you have chosen Dr. Ivanov you don't need to look any further. You know you can't get a second chance on a first impression. I just had a terrific experience from making an appointment with the staff (Felicia you rock! God bless you), to understanding my new doctor personality which is awesome to getting my blood drawn. I can't emphasize enough how welcomed I felt as a new patient. See for yourself, I was not disappointed. The staff are so nice, personable and professional. I am looking forward to going back for my follow up. Dr. Ivanov is very thorough and does not rush you and for that I am thankful and oh this office has everything you need. No need to go anywhere else!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Svetlin S Ivanov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Contemporary Care Associates, 120 Mineola Blvd Ste 100, Mineola, NY
Dr. Svetlin S Ivanov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mineola, NY.