Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed A Masood has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Syed A Masood has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Infectious Disease
Dr. Syed A Masood has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
This was the worst experience I have ever had with any doctor. I arrived for my appointment at 2:00PM. I waited until 3:30 PM to be taken back to the exam room. The nurse asked me questions for about 10 minutes and recorded them. I waited until 3:30 before the doctor appeared. I was starting to walk out when he called me. He then proceeded to ask every question that was already in the computer from the nurse. He said to do whatever my refering physicain told me to do and them come back in two weeks. I asked him what was the purpose of me coming in if he wouldn't even look at my toe that was infected. He just said come back in two weeks. For an infectious disease doctor, the exam room was covered in huge stains, the baseboard molding gone, chopped up plaster all around the floors, etc. I was afraid of what I was exposed to in the exam room. I will never even go near his office and if you have any concerns especially about infections, DO NOT go there. Most unprofessional bunch of quacks I have ever seen in my life.
This the the absolute WORST doctor I hav EVER been to!!! Don't waste your time or money.After waiting 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room then finally brought back to the physicians room to have information input into their system. I then waited anoth 45 minutes before the doctor skipped me and went to the next patient that had been waiting for an hour less than I. I went to the front desk to reschedule or get a refund. Both options were refused. The doctor finally came in to talk to me and offered his assistance in a month when he returned from vacation. He also took a personal cell phone call from his daughter, Hana while I was in the room. So unprofessional!!
39 Years Experience
Kakatiya Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Syed A Masood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPiedmont Internal Medicine, 3214 Charles B Root Wynd Ste 211, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed A Masood in this video.
Dr. Syed A Masood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.