Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tanya A Zielinski has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I've been seeing Dr. Zielinksi for about 7 years now and I wouldn't dream of ever going to a different psychiatrist. I get the feeling that she bonds with and really cares about each of her patients. I trust her diagnoses and she has been able to help me treat my depression better than any other doctor I've seen. She also really listens to patients' input and takes that into account when prescribing medication, which a lot of doctors don't do.
Dr. Zielinski is an exceptional doctor. It has taken a long time to find someone who has spent the time and effort to be helpful. She has been the most effective doctor my daughter has ever seen. She is very sharp and quick to grasp what is going on with my daughter. I will be for ever grateful to her for devoting the time and energy she does.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1997
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Tanya A Zielinski accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTanya Ann Zielinski Md, 315 W Wall St Ste 200, Grapevine, TX
Dr. Tanya A Zielinski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.