Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tanyanika L Phillips has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thoracic Cancer
Showing 5 of 11
This is the most amazing doctor I have ever had. My case was a mystery to numorous doctors over a years time and when I was admitted, someone caught her in the parking lot of St Johns as she was leaving to go home. She turned around and came back in...sat and talked with me and my sister for over an hour..by the time she left, it felt like I had known her all my life. She ran tests that no one else had...dug deeper than any doctor had and she got to the bottom of it. Ordered infusions and monitored me closely until I was holding my own and doing well. After that if I ever felt a problem, all I had to do was call and immediatly she would call and order a blood draw and get me in. She cares about her patients. I love this doctor and there is no doubt in my mind she saved my life. You can truest her with yours
20 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1998
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Tanyanika L Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristus St Frances Cabrini Hospital, 3330 Masonic Dr, Alexandria, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tanyanika L Phillips in this video.
Dr. Tanyanika L Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, LA.