Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tejas Patel
Dr. Tejas Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burbank, CA. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hospitalist. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Valley Presbyterian Hospital and Little Company of Mary Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Tejas Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Diabetic Foot
- Geriatric Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Urinary Incontinence
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 18
I met Dr Patel when he was an ER doctor. His expertise helped me when I was in severe pain. My husband and I were in need of a primary doctor and chose to try him out. He has always been there for us and we are extremely pleased with his bedside manner. He will contact us directly for test results in a very timely manner! I would recommend him to all.
Dr. Patel refused to come to the hospital after admitting my brother without even examining him or reviewing the x-rays, although they were accessible online. He refused my repeated pleas to come in and examine my brother, but instead ordered more and more pain killers. My brother was dead the next day, of pneumonia, having been given antibiotics only 3 hours before he died. He had arrived at the hospital 38 hours before and the first time I saw Dr. Patel was just 3 hours before he died. I consulted with experts who said their first reaction would have been to order antibiotics, which were his only hope. So far as I know he has not changed his procedures and he never expressed sympathy to anyone in my family.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Little Company of Mary Hospital
Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
11 Years Experience
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Tejas Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTejas I Patel MD, 2625 W Alameda Ave, Burbank, CA
Dr. Tejas Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.