Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terry W Hugg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Terry W Hugg has the following 12 expertise
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Terry W Hugg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Hugg may specialize in children's psychiatry but he is an accomplished psychiatric physician who happens to specialize in children. He has been seeing my 12 year old (and me, 38) for over 5 years now. He has a large practice however amazingly enough he remembers specifics about our diagnoses, medications, symptoms etc. I am beyond impressed with his ability to relate to my daughter, her particular issues are difficult to deal with and diagnosis is an ongoing process. She is a troubled girl however under Dr. Hugg's care we have seen more progress than we expected. With mental health it is always a work in progress... Dr. Hugg has made himself available ANY time we've needed him without issue. There hasn't been a time when we've felt "abandoned" or as if we were "putting him out" by calling whenever necessary - be it 3 pm or 3 am. Granted we NEVER disturb him unless it's a dire emergency, however when we do, he is ALWAYS concerned and attentive. I find it rare to find a psychiatrist that shows genuine concern and care for their patients. More often than not one is left feeling as if you've just been shot though an assembly line after an office visit. That's not the case with Dr. Hugg. He is genuine and a great doctor.I highly recommend him for his education, compassion, personality, knowledge, ..wisdom.., ability to connect with children and overall excellence in psychiatry. He listens well too!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
47 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
New York State Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Terry W Hugg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
Locations & DirectionsRed Oak Psychiatry Associates Pa, 17115 Red Oak Dr Ste 109, Houston, TX
Dr. Terry W Hugg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.