Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas A Blocher has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Thomas A Blocher has the following 14 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Thomas A Blocher has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Thomas A Blocher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 3 of 3
My experience with Thomas Blocher was nothing short of magnificient. He is intelligent, experienced... and comforting to families in crisis. Without his help and guidance the road would have been much harder for my family. Not only did I see Dr.Blocher, but my children, husband, and two sisters were his patients, at some point, as well. He has been our family doctor. Through the years, I have often wondered if he was still practicing, but did not know until today that he was. I am so happy he is and others will benefit from his treatments and therapies. That is why I am so happy to tell everyone about him. I highly recommend him. He can make a difference
Dr. Blocher knows addiction. He knew how to handle me during the time I was caught up in the addiction and he knew what to say so that I was not frightened. In fact, I thought at the time that he must be crazier than I. He knew what he was doing and I am forever grateful. I now have 23-plus years of sobriety.
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Colorado Health
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMHMRA of Harris County, 7011 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX
Dr. Thomas A Blocher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.