Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas E Bowser has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
I was referred to Dr. Bowser by my ophthalmologist for a serious medical condition. The doctor took a detailed history and performed a neurological examination. He also reviewed my recent Brain MRI pointing out the important features both normal and abnormal including the limitations of the study. He discussed my diagnosis and the differential diagnosis as well as my current medical regimen and future treatment options. His evaluation was thorough and reassuring. Dr. Bowser made sure I had his business card in order to schedule a follow up appointment when needed.
My husband was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in 2007, he was referred to Dr. Bowser, and I was my husband's guardian, based on the fact that Mike had the form of the disease that destroys brain cells. When I filled out his paperwork for him I indicated that Mike wanted to be put on life support, which would have - and was - most assuredly a ventilator. This so-called "professional" went right through the ceiling when he read my husband's medical record, and Mike's last wishes. Right in front of my husband he bellowed: "He can't be on a ventilator for the rest of his life! That's not for HIM to decide! He's mentally retarded! YOU are the one who has to make that decision for him!!!" Then this jerk just rambled on and on and on, in front of Mike, as though he was a flower pot. There's a good reason why his last name is "Bowser"; this guy's a real dog, and I guarantee you can find someone - Anyone - who will deserve your patronage better than this jerk.
Dr. Bowser thoroughly explained my condition and made sure that I understood it without talking down to me. He encouraged my questions and comments. He is easy going, even humorous – and put me at ease right away. I did not feel rushed as happens in some doctors’ offices.
33 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Thomas E Bowser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas E Bowser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.