Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arcadia, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Miles is affiliated with Huntington Hospital and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Miles has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 6
I found Dr. Miles and his office very refreshing as it is a small office and I was treated like a person not like cattle being herded. I believe I was one of two patients in the office at the time of my exam. The doctor took his time and listened to my concerns. He actually took hand written notes. It was almost like stepping back in time before insurance companies forced doctors to choose quantity vs quality. The office staff was friendly and helpful also.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Miles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThomas Eugene Miles Jr Md, 301 W Huntington Dr Ste 608, Arcadia, CA
Dr. Thomas E Miles Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.