Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas E Myers has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Thomas E Myers has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Dr. Thomas E Myers has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Thomas E Myers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Myers has been recommending hormone replacement therapy for years, even after studies showed an increased risk for things like breast cancer and minimal protection from things like heart disease. My mother now has breast cancer and needs a double mastectomy despite no family history of cancer, and the oncologist couldn't believe that Dr. Myers had her taking hormone replacement therapy for almost 2 decades for preventive reasons. There were no menopausal symptoms to treat, but Dr. Myers said to keep taking it anyway. Now she has dense breast tissue (one of the risks that makes it harder to detect a tumor), multiple tumors, and an altered life trajectory in her 60s, even though she has a really healthy lifestyle. She asked him about the risks and he said the benefits outweighed the risks though that is against what current practice is. Either stay up on current practices and protect people's lives or get out of the hormone business Dr. Myers!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Myers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Thomas E Myers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCommonwealth Ob/Gyn, 428 Hospital Dr, Warrenton, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas E Myers in this video.
Dr. Thomas E Myers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenton, VA.