Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas F Ryan has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Ryan performed arthoscopic surgery on my husband's knee supposedly to remove bone chips to prevent or forestall a full knee replacement. Well, his staff never bothered to request confirmation of coverage with our insurance company for the MRI that he ordered (as his office isrequired to do) and we ended up paying over $1,200 out of pocket for it. Then Dr. Ryan didn't remove all the bones fragments and he never mentioned or treated the underlying arthritis that my husband wasn't aware of until he had more pain after that surgery and started seeing other doctors about it. So the surgery did not accomplish anything and in fact made things worse and my husband is in desperate need of a knee replacement because of the pain. When my husband went back to discuss the continuing pain he was eventually rebuffed and without even doing any independent examination, Dr. Ryan's insurer has decided to stand behind him and won't pay to correct his errors.
49 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Thomas F Ryan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChevy Chase Orthopedics, 5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1550, Chevy Chase, MD
Dr. Thomas F Ryan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chevy Chase, MD.