Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas G Gratzer
Dr. Thomas G Gratzer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN, with other offices in Saint Paul, MN and Saint Paul, MN . His specialties include Forensic Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Gratzer is affiliated with Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Mercy Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas G Gratzer has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Adolescent Medicine
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Dr. Gratzer made me so uncomfortable that I have decided not to return for any more follow-ups, risking running out of medication. He has made very weird inappropriate comments to me more than once and I would rather skip my medication refill appointments than have to go see him. Aside from comments he has made he is very "uppity"; he walks very fast and flails his arms while he walks, he talks fast, and it seems like he even thinks fast as most of my appointments are about 5 minutes long. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence spending that short of time with someone who is dishing out heavy duty medication. Not that I'd want to spend longer than 5 minutes in a room with this particular provider anyway. I'm looking for a new doctor.
Dr. Gratzer is phenomenal. He understands my brain better than any doctor I have had ever in the past. I left the appointment feeling educated and had a plan of attack for the near, and distant future. I really liked how confident he was with our action plan as well. No hesitation and truly great experience. Thank You!
Dr Gratzer has helped me with my Bi-Polar ll stabilization
Dr. Gratzer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Thomas G Gratzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas G Gratzer is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.