Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas H Strong Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Strong missed a diagnoses and delayed treatment of a partial molar pregnancy/gestational trophoblastic disease because he was careless and made assumptions. He said he missed that there wasn't a pathology done because he is "in and out of the office and assumed one of his colleges got it back and called me about it." This is unacceptable and a horrible excuse! You can't "assume" when it comes to someone's health. Dr. Strong called with the results of the chromosome test a month after my D&C, that they did do and it came back as abnormal with Triploidy. He DID NOT tell me to come in for a follow up for it. He assumed and said, "sometimes Triploidy can be a molar pregnancy but this is not the case with you." Well, that was completely untrue as it was the case with me. You would think that if it shows abnormal, a high risk doctor would say lets get you checked out to make sure. But no, the only reason I found out 2 months after my D&C that I had a partial molar pregnancy/gestational trophoblastic disease (tumors in my uterus) was because I went to a different dr on my own. I had to be on chemo for 4 months. Way longer than I would of had I been diagnosed correctly-3 days after my D&C.
First, I saw Dr. Strong and had an 8 o'clock appt and he didn't enter the room until 9 o'clock. First impression and I was annoyed. I was one of the first patients and he was still an hour behind? Then when I saw him, I felt he did not know why I was there. I felt he was not prepared and had to explain it to him which was a bit annoying. Then he would make some inappropriate, unprofessional comments that would make me think does he know what he is doing? By the time I left, I was more annoyed than anything. I felt he was unprofessional, disrespectful of my time and just not prepared. I did not have a good experience with him. Would recommend another doctor if you have the choice
Dr. Strong is a fantastic Dr. I had so much troble in my pregnancy finding a good doctor. I ended up at PPA because of some health issues, but was so happy because Dr. Strong was a perfect fit for us. He was is educated on high risk pregnancies, and will let you know exactly what is going on without making you afraid. He will also give you ALL your options and potiential outcomes. He makes you feel important, and will spend 30 minuites talking with you and answering questions if need be. He is a funny doctor, and really can just help you to have a good time in your dificult situation. He is with PPA, so occasionally you may have to see other docs in the practice, and more than likely he will not deliver your baby. (They do a rotation)But the rest of the docs are alright too, they just drink a little too much. But for me it was worth it because he was exactly what my husband and I were looking for in a doctor, and I would with out a doubt recomend him to anyone in my similar situation.
Dr. Strong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Community Medical Center
Dr. Thomas H Strong Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsObstetrix Medical Group Of Phoenix Pc, 6320 W Union Hills Dr Ste 1400B, Glendale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas H Strong Jr in this video.
Dr. Thomas H Strong Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.