Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Thomas Hendon
Dr. Thomas Hendon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hendon is affiliated with Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. Dr. Hendon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Hendon has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas Hendon has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thomas Hendon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas Hendon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Went 3 years ago to get my blood pressure pills prescription after the clinic I had been attending closed. He spent most of my visit yelling into the phone, then he had to tell me all about the argument he was having with some other medical person. He rubber stamped the prescription and has been re newing the pills for three years now without scheduling me for a re-check. Good thing I have a better doc now.
I made an appointment to discuss medication options for ADHD. He charged me for my visit and followed it up with a comment of "i cant help you, i don't know much about the subject and don't fell right prescribing that type of medication". Thanks for wasting my time and money...... Tell the patient that over the phone so he can find a real doctor who is willing to help.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Hendon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lakewood Regional Med Center
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, 2801 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Long Beach, CA 90806
2801 Atlantic Avenue
Community Hospital of Long Beach
42 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Hendon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsThomas Ray Hendon MD, 1777 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA
Dr. Thomas Hendon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.