Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas F Lelio has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 74
Drug pusher. Had me on the highest mgs possible of two drugs. It took so months to not restore my cognitive abilities, the prescriptions were so high it caused dry mouth which led to massive tooth Decay. I should have been warned of this side effect. New office woman is terrible to patients. Must be the wife. Definitely sneaks in charges from a year prior.
This is the absolute worst doctor I have ever been to. He is a drug pusher and over prescribes everyone Ive met that goes to him for help. Also his receptionist has a horrible attitude, messes up appointments and scheduling constantly and sneaks in charges and fees. Do no go here if u have any respect for your mental health
Dr. Lelio has been accused of being a "pill doctor" but he has saved my life in a generation of benzo prescriptions where they are heavily prescribed but snatched away and you are forced to go through living nightmare as a result. He is very pleasant, makes you feel at home, listens to you and makes you feel as though you've known him for years.
Dr. Lelio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrocare Services-Child & Adolescent
Dr. Thomas F Lelio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Services Pc, 100 Batson Ct Ste 202, New Lenox, IL
Dr. Thomas F Lelio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Lenox, IL.