Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas A Passmore has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I saw him twice before realizing he was basically clueless. Had obviously not even glanced at my record. He seemed depressed or not totally there for whatever reason. He was this way at both visits, so it wasn't just one bad day. His fund of knowledge seemed deficient. As an MD myself, my standards are high. Feel bad for the guy, but not to the point where I would entrust him with my health.
I have been to the birthplace of osteopathy in Kirksville, MO at least twice (about the only thing there is to do there), and have found that the basis of their school of medicine is quackery. That said, Dr. Passmore was extremely professional, compassionate, knowledgable, and willing to work with me. He was "wholistic" yet still willing to prescribe needed meds. He also looked at my whole health situation, and not just the mental health issues. If I could only give him four stars, I'd give him five- Osteopathy or not.
24 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Thomas A Passmore accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas A Passmore is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.