- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas R Carter MD
Dr. Thomas R Carter, MD is a doctor primarily located in Tempe, AZ, with other offices in Phoenix, AZ and Phoenix, AZ( and 3 other locations). Their specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
Dr. Thomas R Carter has 5 locations
Dr. Thomas R Carter has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Thomas R Carter has the following 14 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Thomas R Carter Accepts the Following Insurance
- [ "Aetna Choice POS II", "Aetna Choice POS II" ]
- [ "Aetna HMO", "Aetna HMO" ]
- [ "Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access", "Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access" ]
- [ "Aetna Savings Plus of AZ", "Aetna Savings Plus of AZ" ]
- [ "Aetna Signature Administrators PPO", "Aetna Signature Administrators PPO" ]
BCBS Blue Card
- [ "BCBS Blue Card PPO", "BCBS Blue Card PPO" ]
- [ "CIGNA HMO", "CIGNA HMO" ]
- [ "CIGNA Open Access Plus", "CIGNA Open Access Plus" ]
- [ "CIGNA PPO", "CIGNA PPO" ]
- [ "Health Net AZ PPO HSA", "Health Net AZ PPO HSA" ]
- [ "Humana Choice POS", "Humana Choice POS" ]
- [ "Humana National POS", "Humana National POS" ]
- [ "Multiplan PPO", "Multiplan PPO" ]
- [ "PHCS PPO", "PHCS PPO" ]
- [ "UHC Choice Plus POS", "UHC Choice Plus POS" ]
- [ "UHC Options PPO", "UHC Options PPO" ]
More about Dr. Thomas R Carter
Dr. Carter is an expert in the field of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Since 2000, he has been the head team physician for the Phoenix Suns (NBA) and has served as the head of orthopedic surgery at Arizona State University. Dr. Carter has also served as a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Sports Medicine Subcommittee, and a member of several committees for the Arthroscopic Association of North America. He has served as the state representative for the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Carter has published numerous articles pertaining to orthopedic and sports medicine topics and has given presentations world wide. He was also awarded a patent for arthroscopic surgical instruments. Dr. Carter is considered a national authority on the topics of meniscal allografts and articular cartilage. He is also a member of the Herodicus Society which is considered the premier organization for Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeons with just over 100 members world wide. To View Dr. Carter's personal website visit: www.phoenixsunsdoc.com