Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas R Stewart has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Thomas R Stewart has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Thomas R Stewart has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas R Stewart is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Stewart delivered 2/4 children. He would have delivered all of them had we not moved. Dr. Stewart always had excellent bedside manners and always spent plenty of time with me. However, Dr. Stewart told me something that would often leave me devastated and feeling very insecure about birthing children: he told me I could barely ever deliver a baby that was 20 weeks gestation! He even said I was the smallest woman he ever saw out of thousands he had seen... this was after my c-section. I was never the same after that because I knew I would always have to have c-sections and that posed so many more risks and limited the amount of children I could have. Fast forward to 2013... I met an amazing chiropractor where we moved and she said no doc can tell you just by cutting you open that you are too small to birth a baby! That started my Vaginal after 3 c-section journey.... you can read my story if you would like. This past Easter, I successfully delivered a 42 weeks gestation baby boy vaginally! So, my point is to be very cautious with getting induced from any doctor! I am disappointed in what Dr. Stewart told me because it was not true at all! However, many wonderful things have happened as a result. C-section rates are too high! They are meant for true emergencies only and they are becoming all too commonplace with doctors wanting to induce by 40 weeks. Our bodies are meant to birth and most of the time we can safely do it! Hire a Doula and do lots of research so you can have the best outcome. Here is my story: go to maximized mama and find the birth story.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
The Medical Center
Dr. Thomas R Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Columbus GA HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRegional Obstetrics And Gynecology, 1900 10th Ave Ste 200, Columbus, GA
Dr. Thomas R Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, GA.