Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas T Terramani has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Malformations
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- False Aneurysm
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Varicose Veins
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 9
I am the primary caregiver for both of my aging parents. After numerous visits to the hospital for dementia, diabetes, and strokes, I have had interactions with some of the most dedicated, intelligent and caring physicians in this country. I would rate Dr. Terramoni as one of the worst physicians/surgeons I've "experienced." That is in quotations because he is so difficult to contact and so unwilling to accommodate his patients, my experience has been limited. He visited my father in the hospital after his stroke and requested a follow up appointment in his office to "schedule" a carotid artery surgery in a couple of weeks. When I contacted his office about the difficulties we face in transporting my father (he is unable to stand or walk) for a doctor's appointment, requesting that we schedule the surgery while my father was in the hospital, Dr. Terramoni was unwilling to change his request for a follow-up appointment. 2 1/2 weeks later we were scheduled to have my father transported to Dr. Terramoni's office for a "follow up appointment" to schedule the surgery and the transport no-showed. We tried multiple times to put my father in my vehicle for the appointment which caused stress and anxiety and began to notice a distinct droop in his face and slurred speech. Concerned he might be having another stroke, we called 911 and he was returned to the hospital. I contacted Dr. Terramoni's office to reschedule the appointment and to let them know my father had been moved to the hospital. That evening, Dr. Terramoni spoke to the admitting physician and recommended my father be discharged back to his facility. He is unwilling to accommodate his patients, to hear their concerns or to show any sort of care for their well-being. I have requested that a new physician/surgeon be assigned to my father's case. I have never seen him looking so terrible. At 87 years old, this is the first time I've begun preparing myself for his passing and I feel this physician is so completely self-consumed, he could care less for the patients in his care.
He is a good doctor. Explains everything and draws a picture of it for you. He is also very nice! The receptionist is also very nice and she was very helpful in making my appointment in a timely manner !
My mom was "assigned" Dr. Terramani after her AAA was diagnosed in the emergency room. He was professional and explained the procedure to be done in full detail (even drew graphics on the board!). We were very happy with him and his bedside manner. However, his the staff at his office is a different story. The reception/check in staff actually made us feel like they had better things to do than deal with us. When they didn't call my mom with information about a CT scan 2 weeks after her appointment (we were told someone would call in 2-3 days), they were very rude and unprofessional. Hence, my mother never had the follow-up procedure that is done after surgery to make sure stent is functioning properly. We'd give Dr. Terramani a 10, but his staff a 4.
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas T Terramani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVascular Associates San Diego, 8860 Center Dr Ste 450, La Mesa, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas T Terramani in this video.
Dr. Thomas T Terramani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.