Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy Armstrong
Dr. Timothy Armstrong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Armstrong is affiliated with UC San Diego Health System, Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center and San Diego Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy Armstrong has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I was an emergency patient of Dr Armstrong in 1996. Having severe meningitis of the worst kind, Dr. Armstrong and his team accurately diagnosed and successfully treated me. The extensive aftercare I received (18 mos) was carefully monitored by Dr. Armstrong every step of he way. He was patient with me and my family, answered all of our questions and was genuinely happy with my successful recovery.God blesses us with people in our lives when we need it most and I'm grateful to God for blessing Dr.Armstrong with the talents he has and the
I have some type of muscular/neurological trouble for three years without diagnosis or even hope. Dr Armstrong was the first dr i've seen in a long time who actually sat down and listened to me & all of my symptoms. He ordered some additional tests for me and actually gave me some hope that I might find out what is wrong. I felt soooo happy when i left his office. thanks!!!!
Dr. Armstrong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Health System
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
San Diego Medical Center
29 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Timothy Armstrong accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy Armstrong in this video.
Dr. Timothy Armstrong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.