Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy Docter
Dr. Timothy Docter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI, with another office in Madison, WI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Docter is affiliated with St Mary'S Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison and St Mary`s Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy Docter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was impressed with Tim Doctors professionalism. He was able to offer me complete diagnostic and rehabilitation alternatives for my torn ACL. My recovery time was about 4 months shorter than originally thought. Dr. Doctor examined my left knee during follow up of my ACL surgery, and told me that I was bone-on-bone in that joint. He gave me a regiment of leg strengthening exercises. He was concerned that due to my athletic life style, and my age that we should try to push the knee replacement out to ten years. It has now been thirteen years, and I am ready for him to complete another successful procedure.
Dr. Docter is an excellent surgeon, but if you're experiencing some arthritis or joint issues, you need to start with a generalist who is familiar with all 100+ types of arthritis and the many alternative treatments, including injections, physical therapy, losing weight, and regimens of leg strengthening exercises. If you begin by consulting with Dr. Docter, he will skip all of these, he will do no more than look at x-rays, and in five minutes he will sign you up for total replacement surgery. Dr. Docter is the last physician you should see, not the first.
Dr. Docter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary'S Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison
St Mary`s Hospital
31 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Timothy Docter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy Docter in this video.
Dr. Timothy Docter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.