Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy L Shelton has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Shelton has done more, in the past two years, to help me deal with my pain than any of the other doctors I have seen for the same condition since 1996. I have been subjected to epidurals every month for as long as I could tolerate them. Then I would tell the Dr. - no more - I've had enough, move on and find another, only to find the procedure repeated again and again, along with too much pain medications. Dr. Shelton has done procedures that lasts for 6 months and the pain medications required are half Sa what I had been required to take. He is personable, caring and very patient oriented. I would recommend Dr. Shelton to any member of my family. I personally like to keep up with his web cite to keep abreast of any changes in location I may not be aware of. Excellent Doctor. Would travel if necessary to be able to keep his as my doctor.
If you've dealt with a great amount of pain for a long period of time, you know it is very difficult to try a new doctor. My husband urged me repeatedly to try this doctor who had helped him once when his back went out. I've used a specialist in Atlanta that was known to be so good that I saw a Braves' player in his office. I've used a new guy over by Woodlawn Commons in Marietta. Neither came close to the dignity shown me at Shelton's office and by him personally. More importantly, he nailed it the first time--out of pain, just like that, with the first injection. Try once more if you are in pain -- I think you'll like Shelton. P.S. I put 5 minutes as the wait time because that is what it was, but I hate that question. I hate the doctor that caters to that question instead of the patient. I'd have waited two hours for that kind of help.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Timothy L Shelton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy L Shelton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.