Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tom A Tarkenton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
I do not like the office, it is dirty, and there is no seperating sick patients from non sick patients in the waiting room. The wait time is astronomical! Always at least a hour and a half wait. Today we had the very first appt at 9:00 am we weren't called back until 9:45, it is now 10:30 am and we still haven't seen the doctor. I don't understand if he comes in late to work everyday or what but it's very unprofessional! When you have the very first appt of the day you think you won't have to wait long! When he does come in he's very fast and doesn't say much. Needless to say we will be switching doctors!
I was very pleased with the overall experience with the Dr and staff at the office. He was very attentive and did not appear to be rushed and really listened to me to provide an accurate treatment. His staff was friendly and very helpful in making sure I understood all office procedures. I will be continuing all my care with Dr. Tarkenton and recommending him to friends and family as well.
Dr.Tarkenton is a very good dr. The only thing why his rating is so bad is because of the staff that he has. They are rude,slow when it comes to get any papers from them they lie to you and dont send you anything!!!!also mary needs to learn how to work in a Dr. Office and learn some maners when talking to parents. Its sad when you work for a doctor and you dont know anything and the only thing you said is "I will call you later" and never does
Dr. Tarkenton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Tom A Tarkenton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Pavilion, 220 SW 26th Ave Ste A, Mineral Wells, TX
Dr. Tom A Tarkenton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mineral Wells, TX.