Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl F Painter III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
My son was referred to Dr. Painter by our family doctor for an injury to his right wrist, my son had been seen in the ER prior to this visit & we were told his wrist was sprained, after a week it still wasn't any better so we followed up with our family doctor & had a 2n x-ray done & were told it was broken & sent to Dr. Painter, he had us get another x-ray & when we went for our appointment he ask my son if he could move & he said yes but it was painful. Dr. Painter didn't even touch his wrist told us it was not broken & told my son to return to PE the following day, I was completely confused & told him so & he said that the reason we got 3 different results on the x-rays was due to 3 different tech's reading them. By this point it was over 2 weeks since the injury & there was still swelling & bruising so I called the school & had them keep him out of PE another day so we could get another opinion because I knew something was wrong. We got in to see another doctor who looked at all 3 x-rays & did one of his own & it was broken in 2 different spots & if my son had returned to PE & fallen again he would have needed surgery to correct it. Dr. Painter didn't even spend 5 minutes with us and treated us like we wasted his time.
I would NOT recommend Dr. Painter to anyone. He does not offer any information. He takes x-rays and never shares them with you. Just tells you it looks good. You must ask the right questions to get any answers from him. If your progress is not as he thinks it should be, he gets short with you and does not search out why you might have other complications.
Mixed feelings. Seems like a nice guy but doesn't offer much information unless you ask the right questions. Delays treatment due to personal schedule which may not be in patients best interest. I did fine under his care but the jury is still out for me on his personal approach and making patient well being at top of the list. I hope my concerns prove to be unfounded.
Dr Painter was great. He took the tim to make sure all my questions were answered and that I understood. When he did surgery it was quick and very good. He has great manners and we will and do recommend him to all we know. We live over 6 hours away but would travel 3 times as far to use Dr Painter if the need eve arised again.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Dr. Carl F Painter III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLitchfield Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 725 Saint Francis Way, Litchfield, IL
Dr. Carl F Painter III is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Litchfield, IL.