Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Trung M Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Corneal Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Wow, reading the other comments made me want to jump in and give our opinion. Our fam has been seeing this eye doc for 7 years. I understand the concerns about his office staff and agree with some of the comments: ie. don't seem to understand insurance Q's, unhelpful, etc. However, the doctor is extremely caring, focused on helping you, great with kids, and super duper smart. He's the doctor our own internist recommended (goes to him himself), and he's well regarded with his peers. He is smart, very much so, highly educated and comes across as thinking you are not as smart as he is. Oh well. That doesn't bother our family; we find him personable and a good sense of humor and willing to listen. My husband had an ongoing eye infection and Dr. Ngyen followed up well, took the conservative route (instead of surgery recommended a series of progressively stronger eye drops and salves), and tracked his progress. My kids find him warm and funny, very pleasant and encouraging them in their studies and joking with them. He's a good guy with exceptional credentials. His staff is not warm nor very helpful and more interested in selling glasses but HE is the opposite. He gives us our prescriptions so we can fill them at Costco with no remark or complaint like some eye docs do. Anyway, he's a good guy and we highly recommend him.
28 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
St Mary Medical Center
Dr. Trung M Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalm View Medical Center, 11180 Warner Ave Ste 169, Fountain Valley, CA
Dr. Trung M Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.